- Sleeps eight
- Four bedrooms; two US king (6’4”) beds, one US queen (5’) bed, one twin room
- Two bedrooms are en suite
- Three bedrooms are on the ground floor
- Three bathrooms
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children are welcome
- Sorry, no pets
- Fully enclosed, gated property
- Ocean views
- Private infinity pool (unheated)
- Outdoor showers
- Half-acre private garden
- Outdoor dining area & gas barbecue
- Outdoor terraces, sun deck & loungers
- Panoramic roof terrace
- Pool towels, towels, linen & toiletries
- Housekeeping & laundry service included
- Cook/chef can be hired for the duration of your stay
- Secure parking for 3 or 4 cars
- Ground floor:
The double-height open plan living area with floor to ceiling glass windows and doors provides a great social spot for the whole family.
Comprising a lounge and kitchen area with white-painted walls and honey stone flooring. The kitchen has white granite and glass worktops and a breakfast bar.
Three bedrooms each have patio doors onto the terrace allowing easy access for early risers;
Bedroom 2 has a 6’4” US king-size bed and is en suite. The en suite bathroom has an egg bathtub, outdoor shower, and direct access to the pool area via patio doors.
A further two bedrooms are also downstairs and have patio doors onto the terrace for easy access to the pool:
Bedroom 3 has a 5’ US queen-size bed, while bedroom 4 has twin beds which can be suitable for children.
Bedroom 3 and 4 share a bathroom with a shower.
There is a mezzanine-level study.
- First floor:
The master suite has a 6’4” US king-size bed, a sea-facing balcony and seated covered terrace - views from up here are sure to take your breath away. A stylish en suite comprises a free-standing bath and unique outdoor shower - great for cooling off.
- Outside & Pool:
The villa is set in half an acre of tropical gardens, with palms, lilies, bougainvillea and many flowering shrubs lining a neatly-kept lawn. The large gas barbecue is set up next to the outdoor dining area and pool. There is a covered terrace.
There’s parking for three or four cars on the gravel inside the electronic gate.
The private infinity pool is 9m by 8m (32 x 27 ft. pool) and faces south-west.
It’s 2.7m deep (1.2m at the shallowest point) and is flanked by sunloungers, parasols and tropical palms on the patio. It’s not heated, but you won’t want it to be.
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- 2 ovens, 2 hobs, grill, 2 microwaves, 2 dishwashers, 2 fridge freezers, 2 coffee machines
- Washing machine, tumble dryer & iron in utility room
- TV, video player, safe, DVD player, ipod dock
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Gas Barbecue
- 3 hairdryers, toiletries
- Amazing architecture and design.
- Stunning infinity pool.
- Double-height living space, to maximise the beautiful views.
- Chef and concierge service available.
- Fully gated entrance.
- Half an acre of tropical gardens.
- Gorgeous covered terrace and dining area.
- Master suite offers breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and beyond.
- Large roof terrace.
- Pool towels, hairdryers and toiletries provided.
Atelier House is a uniquely lavish luxury villa, set just 500 metres from the idyllic platinum west coast of Barbados.
This spectacular architect-designed property, completed in 2012, is one of the most contemporary villas in Barbados. Set on half an acre of tropical gardens, and with room for up to eight guests, this gated property is a fabulous place for families and groups alike.
Atelier House sits on a high ridge above the West Coast of Barbados, and the views across the treetops to the sea are spectacular – especially from the infinity pool or the panoramic roof terrace. This being the west coast, the sunset views are magical – enjoy a glass of rum punch as you watch the sun disappear over the horizon. When you’re not gazing out to sea, you’ll love the other outdoor spaces – perfect for sunbathing, dining, or simply sitting back with a good read.
Indoors, the dramatic double-height open plan living area makes the most of the location, facing out across the pool area to the sea. There is great attention to detail everywhere you look, the sense of light and space accentuated by cool, simple furnishings and surfaces – such as the limestone countertops in the kitchen.
The sophisticated style continues in the four bedrooms, two of which have en suite bathrooms. The upstairs master bedroom comes with its own balcony with views over the sea and a covered outdoor terrace for relaxing. Its en suite bathroom has separate bath and shower facilities. The other three bedrooms are located downstairs. An en suite bedroom features a bathroom which extends to an outdoor shower area, while the two additional guest bedrooms share a bathroom between them.
Housekeeping and laundry services are included in the rental fee. Private chef and concierge services are also available to book on request.
The nearest West Coast beaches are just a five minute drive away, with sparkling waters and powdery white sands – everything you could wish for from a tropical paradise. Relax with a good book, or exert some energy with watersports.
Further afield, why not enjoy a few rounds of golf, take a breezy walk, or head out to a restaurant for a celebratory meal? Holetown is a ten minute drive from the house, and boasts plenty of excellent boutique shops and restaurants.
Atelier House is in tropical hillside gardens above Thunder Bay, on the A-list west coast of Barbados.
Grantley Adams International Airport is 30km away; that’s a 40-minute drive on the island 's highways.
It’s a five-minute drive down to the white-sand on Thunder Bay. For variety, a 5 minute drive also takes you to secluded Gibbes Beach, or north to Mullins Beach which is perfect for watersports.
Holetown and Speightstown are salty, colonial-era settlements around 10 minutes away by car, and have a great selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Luxury lifestyle centre, Limegrove (5 km), where guests can enjoy duty free shopping and a variety of restaurants, is also just a 10 minute drive from Atelier House.
For those who enjoy a game or two of golf, the Royal Westmoreland Golf Course is a 12 minute drive.
The Lone Star was once an idyllically-placed petrol station, but now it’s a stellar seafood restaurant and cocktail bar on the beach. Down the coast, John Moore’s rum shack is the locals’ hangout of choice.
Things you need to know about Atelier House if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking outside only. Smoking is not allowed inside.
- Due to the nature and design of the staircases and roof terrace, this property may not be suitable for young children. Please ensure that care is taken when using these areas.
- Pets are not permitted.
- A housekeeper and laundry services are included, and a chef can be hired for the duration of your stay.
- Additional services, such as fridge stocking and various excursions, can be arranged on request.
- All structural elements are designed to withstand hurricane force winds.