Spacious, light, and equipped to a high standard, this superb, rural cottage is the perfect choice for families and couples looking for a place to relax, unwind and enjoy time together, while still having their own privacy.
The formal dining room is truly inviting making it a lovely sociable area, where you can linger over a leisurely meal and discuss the next day’s activities. The sitting room is light, bright and airy with ample comfy seating to allow all guests to settle down and reflect on the day’s events.
All five bedrooms are beautifully decorated and furnished, inviting guests to slumber for longer. Amazingly, this cottage offers two master bedrooms, one with its own shower room and the other with a large four poster bed with views down onto the lane. With a single bedroom and separate shower room on the ground floor, this cottage provides excellent facilities for all the family, with plenty of room to spread out!
Holidaying with those who enjoy a workout before starting the day? No problem, just guide them downstairs where they can indulge themselves on the cross trainer and vibration plate, while others can appreciate watching a film on the large screen.
To the outside of the property there is off road parking for six cars and an enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture.
Lanes and footpaths start from right outside the door, so lace up those walking boots and stride out, or put on your helmet and cycle off to discover The Garden of England under your feet.
Of course a visit to the historic city of Canterbury must be on your holiday agenda when staying so close by, so why not explore the beautiful Cathedral? Experience the sights and sounds of medieval Canterbury at one of the many museums, shop, dine or even enjoy a leisurely punt down the river before an evening at the theatre.
Let Yew Tree welcome you to rural Kent and a holiday to remember!
- 9 Guests
- Five bedrooms – three doubles, one twin, one single
- The single bedroom is on the ground floor
- One bathroom, two shower rooms (one of which is en suite)
- Suitable for children and baby in own moses basket (stairgate available on request)
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Parking for 6 cars
- A fabulous detached holiday home situated in the quiet hamlet of Barfrestone, close to the historic city of Canterbury.
- Spacious, light, and equipped to a high standard, Yew Tree is ideal for families looking for a place to unwind and enjoy time together, while still having their own privacy, with parking for six cars.
- Indoor activities include a cross trainer and a projector with screen.
- Up to two dogs can stay at Yew Tree and there is an enclosed garden for them to enjoy.
- Short and midweek breaks are available, with a minimum stay of three nights.
- The ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks, a New Year gathering or Christmas morning. The house is warm and cosy with central heating and comfortable beds.
- Lanes and footpaths start from right outside the door of Yew Tree, so you and your pet pooch will have plenty of opportunity to get out and explore the glorious countryside.
- The nearest pub and shop are one mile away.
- Within easy reach of the culture-rich towns of Dover and Deal and the Cathedral city of Canterbury.
- Within easy reach of several manor houses, National Trust properties, Go Ape, parks and gardens, as well as scattered villages with traditional inns and shops.
- Ground floor:
Kitchen with dining area.
Dining room with gas log-effect fire.
Sitting room with gas log-effect fire.
Shower room with walk-in shower.
- First floor:
Double bedroom with en suite shower room.
Double bedroom with four poster bed.
Bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Lower ground floor:
Sitting room with cross trainer, vibration plate and projector with screen.
- Gas central heating with gas fires in the dining and sitting rooms
- Double electric oven with gas hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer
- TV with Freeview, DVD
- WiFi internet access*
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- Cross trainer, vibration plate and projector with screen
- Outdoor furniture
- Stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 6 cars
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Dover 7 miles; Deal 8 miles; Canterbury 10 miles.
Barfrestone is a pretty hamlet set in the heart of rural Kent. Glorious countryside surrounds this lovely area, which gives Kent the title of Garden of England. Leafy lanes and stunning views across fields and woodland, make this hamlet a delight for walkers, cyclists and birdwatchers.
Like most villages and hamlets dating back to Domesday times, the church stands in the centre. In the case of Barfrestone, it is the Church of St Nicholas, a Grade l listed Norman church which contains significant carvings around the door portals.
Although the coalmines of Kent are long since gone, the village is on the Miner’s Way Trail and is still a popular place to visit.
Only a short drive away visitors can find themselves in the towns of Dover and Deal, where you can either land a catch of the day from the pier at Deal or wave farewell to the ocean liners from Dover Castle as they glide across the port towards open seas and faraway countries before striding off to walk the famous White Cliffs.
If a day of history, river trips, shopping, dining and theatre sounds right for you, then make to the beautiful city of Canterbury and you can’t go wrong.
Golfers can delight in the manicured fairways of Broome Park Golf Club, just 12 minutes’ drive.
Just four miles away is Goodnestone Park, a haven of tranquility hidden away in south east Kent. Goodnestone was the childhood home of Elizabeth Brook Bridges, who married Jane Austen’s brother, Edward. Jane visited often and it was after one visit that she began Pride and Prejudice.
Perfectly placed and beautifully formed, Barfrestone is a well-kept secret, shhhhh!
Things you need to know about Yew Tree if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Guests will need to bring their own laptop or tablet in order to stream or play films on the projector, as no DVD player is available to use in this room
- The ground floor single bedroom and shower room are accessed from the sitting room
- The side of the property overlooks the church and its churchyard
- Minimum stay 3 nights except during school holidays which are a minimum of 7 nights, Saturday to Saturday.
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.