This delightful detached chalet-style lodge in Linchmere is ideally positioned within the South Downs National Park, and is surrounded by woodland, countryside and wildlife, making it the perfect place to stay when looking for rest and relaxation, or a romantic retreat.
The two sets of French doors allow light to flood into this surprisingly-spacious lodge, and space is not the only surprise in store for guests!
This lovely cottage boasts its own private sauna next to the shower room, so relax in the warmth on winter afternoons, or take advantage of the shared outdoor heated swimming pool on warm summer days.
Woodmancote Lodge, accessed by a grass paddock, offers a double bed, with another double bed above, accessed by a ladder, making it a great choice for those with children. The studio-style accommodation offers comfy seating, a dining area, a kitchenette and that sumptuous double bed, all with views of the grounds beyond.
Step outside and enjoy your morning coffee on the private decked terrace overlooking the swimming pool.
Woodmancote Lodge is a great base for couples to enjoy the countryside and explore the many interesting towns of this beautiful region. This part of rural West Sussex is close to Surrey and Hampshire, with rolling hills and pretty towns and villages to discover – all set amidst glorious countryside! There are also a wealth of country houses, English gardens and stunning waterways to explore.
The South Downs National Park offers ramblers, cyclists and horse riders over six hundred square miles to roam, so pack a picnic, put on your walking boots and enjoy a day of bluebell woods, meadows, country lanes and quaint villages, before returning to the welcome of this cottage.
- 4 Guests
- Ground floor accommodation
- One studio bedroom – one double and additional double bed over
- One shower room
- Maximum 2 adults and 2 children up to 8 years old
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Private enclosed front decked terrace with furniture and barbecue
- Shared outdoor heated swimming pool*
- Private sauna
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Parking for two cars
- An atmospheric chalet-style lodge in a small rural hamlet nestled in an idyllic location within the South Downs National Park – perfect for a relaxing break in peace and quiet.
- The dog-friendly lodge is designed with your comfort and relaxation in mind and tastefully furnished.
- Private decked terrace with lovely views across the paddock.
- Take a dip in the outdoor heated swimming pool, available usually in the morning by arrangement with owners between end of May to end of September.
- Brilliant in all seasons and the ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks. The lodge is warm and cosy with central heating and very comfortable beds.
- There are a great range of walks in the South Downs National Park and beyond where guests can enjoy woodland, countryside and an array of wildlife that freely roam over this breathtaking landscape.
- Perfectly located for exploring the delights of Surrey and Hampshire.
- Haslemere, three miles away, is a charming market town full of independent shops, cafes and tea rooms.
- The area has a wealth of gastro pubs serving excellent, locally sourced food and drink.
- Ground Floor Accommodation:
Open plan studio accommodation with double bed and additional double bed over, kitchenette, dining area and sitting area (seats 3).
Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and wc. Sauna.
- Electric freestanding heater
- Electric hob, combination microwave/oven, fridge/freezer
- TV with full Sky inc. Premiere and Disney Movies, selection of books and games
- WiFi internet access*
- Outdoor furniture and barbecue
- Off road parking for 2 cars
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Haslemere 3 miles; Arundel 15 miles; Chichester 20 miles.
Linchmere, also spelt Lynchmere, is a small rural hamlet nestled in an idyllic location within the South Downs National Park. It’s a perfect choice for long country walks, horse riding, cycling, or just chilling out during the changing seasons. Enjoy the stunning views across classic rural landscapes, encapsulated by the line “In England’s green and pleasant land” from the famous hymn Jerusalem, composed by Hugh Parry who stayed at Linchmere’s Grade I listed Shulbrede Priory. There is plenty of history in the village, with the church dating back to the 12th century.
Haslemere, three miles away, is a charming market town full of independent shops, cafes and tea rooms, and is also gateway to the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The area has a wealth of gastro pubs serving excellent, locally sourced food and drink.
The market town of Midhurst is also nearby, home to the world-famous Cowdray Polo Park and the Veuve Cliquot Cup – why not pack a picnic and watch a match?
Glorious Goodwood, with its horse racing and motor racing festivals, is also only a short drive away.
Take a trip along the English wine route, with opportunities for wine tasting, to arrive at Petworth, another historic town crammed with antique shops. Here you can explore the National Trust Petworth House and Park. The gardens were created by Capability Brown, and look out over a town made up of cobbled streets and wooden-fronted cottages. In keeping with the nostalgic past, Petworth also has a Cottage Museum where you can see what life was like for domestic servants around the beginning of the 1900s.
With endless walks and cycling through the beautiful South Downs, London just over an hour away, and only 28 miles to West Wittering beach on the South Coast – one of the county’s top beaches – Linchmere is a perfect place to stay.
Things you need to know about Woodmancote Lodge if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- *Use of outdoor heated swimming pool, available usually in the morning by arrangement with owners between end of May to end of September
- The lodge accessed via grass paddock with no path
- There are two shallow steps up to decked terrace
- The owner has horses and dogs
- Max. 2 adults and 2 children up to 8 years old
- Minimum stay 7 nights Friday to Friday during Summer High season
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.