Beautifully restored by the owner, this Grade ll listed apartment has charm and character in abundance. From the warm welcome of the wood burner in the sitting room with its array of large comfy chairs and sofas, to the draw of the four poster bed in the master bedroom that gives guests the chance to indulge in long lie-ins when on a romantic weekend away.
The kitchen, always said to be the heart of the home, really lives up to the title in this lovely apartment. Whether rustling up a quick lunch or preparing a delicious dinner, guests can still gather together and chat over the day’s events with a coffee (straight from the coffee machine) or a glass of wine, while sitting in the alcove seat.
Both double bedrooms offer style and elegance with standards expected from a boutique hotel. The master bedroom has a four poster bed and an en suite shower room, so whether holidaying with friends or family, privacy and space is guaranteed. There is an additional shower room.
To the outside of the property there is roadside parking and a shared lawned garden with furniture.
The Heart of Rye, as its name suggests, is located in this Cinque Port’s Citadel, so everything to make your vacation a success is right on your doorstep. Whether it is browsing the shops, sampling the local ales and wines in one of the many pubs, or indulging in gastronomic meals in one of the numerous restaurants that Rye has tucked away along its quaint and cobbled streets, you will never have more than a few steps to take.
Alternatively, for somewhere more lively and with lots of music and nightlife, take a trip into Hastings further along the coast.
Rye is a perfect spot for a holiday for everyone at any time of the year.
- First floor accommodation
- 4 Guests
- Two double bedrooms, one of which is en suite
- Two shower rooms
- Children and baby with his/her own moses basket are welcome
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Shared lawned garden with furniture
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Loading/unloading outside cottage with roadside parking*
- A stunning Grade ll listed first floor apartment sitting in the centre of the historic town of Rye, offering stunning views down into the town and over distant fields.
- Ideal for a romantic break away – the apartment has an abundance of charm and character and is beautifully restored with your comfort and relaxation in mind.
- The dog friendly apartment is a great base for exploring this delightful area of East Sussex with your pet pooch.
- Brilliant in all seasons and the ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks. The apartment is warm and cosy with central heating, a wood burning stove and comfortable beds.
- Rye also has a delightful range of tea rooms, restaurants, pubs and historic inns, the nearest pub being one minutes’ walk away.
- Walkers and birdwatchers can enjoy a footpath leading across the marshes to Camber Castle built by Henry VIII.
- Explore the miles of glorious coastline, including the sandy beach at Camber Sands only 14 minutes’ drive away.
- With many quaint, seaside and market towns, miniature and full-size steam train rides, local vineyards, stately homes, castles and gardens, Rye has it all for a great holiday destination.
- First Floor Accommodation:
Sitting room with a dining area and wood burner.
Double bedroom with four poster bed, TV and en suite shower room.
Double bedroom with TV.
Shower room with walk-in shower.
- Electric central heating, wood burning stove in the sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, coffee machine, fridge, dishwasher
- 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, Xbox
- WiFi internet access*
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- Outdoor furniture
- Roadside parking*
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Camber 5 miles; Hastings 12 miles; Battle 16 miles.
Rye is a 13th century cinque port in East Sussex, host to the River Rother, Romney Marshes and a history dating back before the Norman Conquest. A cobbled town offering an excellent array of unusual shops, antique emporiums, galleries selling local artist paintings and pottery, Rye also has a delightful range of tea rooms, restaurants, pubs and historic inns. There is also a weekly general market on Thursdays, as well as a farmers’ market every Wednesday morning.
The town played host to BBC film crews for nine weeks in the summer of 2014, while filming of the TV series Mapp and Lucia took place, which has now been made into a DVD. All coastal scenes were filmed in nearby Camber Sands and bits of filming also took place in Hastings and the Tenterden Town railway station.
Walkers and birdwatchers can enjoy a footpath leading across the marshes to Camber Castle built by Henry VIII.
Local attractions include miniature or full-size steam train rides, local vineyards, stately homes, castles, gardens and beaches, including the beautiful nearby Camber Sands.
Artists and photographers will especially enjoy the scenery; big skies, winding roads, and picturesque villages with ancient inns and tea shops.
A truly relaxing and wonderful holiday destination.
Things you need to know about The Heart of Rye if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- *Loading/unloading outside cottage with roadside parking on first come, first served basis. Additional parking in public car parks at £1.50/day, 5 mins walk.
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove included
- Minimum stay 7 nights Saturday to Saturday during Summer High season
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.