The cottage is well-equipped and has been comfortably furnished, with guests being able to enjoy viewing the old farm implements and harnesses of the plough horses, which decorate the walls.
The underfloor heating and warming living-flame fire in the beamed sitting room with dining area, makes a really cosy place to snuggle up after your day out, where you can enjoy refreshments whilst listening to birdsong from outside.
Later in the evening, if you’re lucky, you might catch a glimpse of one of the local badgers passing by.
Upstairs is a king-size bedroom from where you can look out across the nearby pond, home to geese, ducks and moorhens, and where even otters have been seen.
When the weather allows, enjoy sitting out on the private enclosed patio relaxing with a refreshing drink whilst planning the next day’s activities.
Locally, there are amazing walks and cycle trails to explore across the picturesque Somerset Levels.
Shopaholics will delight in the retail therapy on offer at the Clarks shopping village at nearby Street, whilst for those looking to get away from urban life, Somerset is rich in wildlife and is one of the country’s top areas for birdwatching.
Why not take a trip on the heritage railway, which is the longest standard gauge line in the country?
A most welcoming and comfortable rural gem, offering a perfect holiday home.
- 2 Guests
- One double bedroom
- One shower room
- Suitable for a baby (travel cot on request)
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Enclosed patio with furniture
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Parking for one car
- A charming thatched cottage, in a lovely location, ideal for a romantic retreat.
- This cottage is designed with your comfort and relaxation in mind and tastefully furnished.
- A perfect haven to relax and recharge with a charming private patio with outdoor seating.
- Brilliant in all seasons and the ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks. The cottage is warm and cosy with central heating, ground floor underfloor heating, a living-flame fire and comfortable bed.
- There are a great range of local walks across the Somerset Levels where guests can enjoy the array of wildlife that freely roam over this breathtaking landscape.
- Within easy reach of mystical Glastonbury, the picturesque scenery of Cheddar caves and gorge and Wells, the smallest city in England.
- Somerton has a variety of restaurants, pubs and cafes enticing you with home made produce.
- East Lambrook Manor Gardens, Lytes Cary Manor, Montacute House and Barrington Court are all within half an hour’s drive.
- Ground floor:
Sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
External utility room.
- First floor:
Double bedroom with king-size 5′ bed.
- Oil central heating with ground floor underfloor heating and gas fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine in utility
- TV with Freeview, DVD
- WiFi internet access*
- Selection of books and games
- Travel cot on request
- Outdoor furniture (barbecue on request)
- Bike storage
- Off road parking for one car
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Glastonbury 8 miles.
The delightful, historic Somerset market town of Somerton, once the ancient capital of Wessex, borders the scenic Somerset Levels, just south of Glastonbury. The attractive town centre offers visitors an array of local shops, banks, pubs and restaurants.
Somerton provides a perfect base from which to explore lovely Somerset, with the surrounding countryside teeming with pretty villages and quiet country lanes with footpaths, ideal for walkers and cyclists.
Ancient Glastonbury, Clarks shopping village at Street, Wells Cathedral, Wookey Hole and Cheddar Gorge are all within an easy drive.
A super small Somerset town providing a superb touring base within easy reach of a wealth of interesting attractions and National Trust properties.
Things you need to know about Plough Cottage if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- Sorry, no pets are allowed at this property
- Intermittent mobile reception
- Minimum stay 3 nights except during school holidays which are a minimum of 7 nights, Friday to Friday.
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.