This gem of a cottage, which oozes character and charm, was once part of a bakery and offers couples a romantic and special holiday cottage at any time of the year.
Phoebe’s Cottage blends traditional features with the benefit of all the modern creature comforts, including a fully fitted kitchen and ground floor shower room, whilst the beams, quirky wooden staircase, sitting/dining room with inglenook fireplace and vaulted bedroom take you back to a different century. The cottage can sleep two adults and a child and has one king-size bedroom and an additional room with a folding bed.
Outside you are able to relax in the enclosed lawned garden and enjoy refreshments on the attractive decked patio, whilst if you fancy a treat, just stroll across the road to the award-winning local pub which serves a varied menu and local ales.
The vibrant town centre is also just a short walk away, where you will experience a wide range of retail outlets and restaurants. Within Romsey itself you can browse the market, take a saunter along the River Test, one of the finest chalk streams in the country, enjoy the abbey or take a visit to the home of the Mountbatten family at Broadlands.
A little further afield you can venture to the scenic New Forest National Park, or the historic cities of Salisbury or Winchester. If you still have time to spare, take a trip to Mottisfont Abbey or the naval heritage of Portsmouth.
This gorgeous chocolate-box thatched cottage will charm you from the beginning to the end of your stay in this lovely location.
- 3 Guests
- Two bedrooms – one double, one single with child’s folding bed
- One shower room
- Suitable for child and baby (travel cot on request)
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Enclosed lawned garden with decking and furniture.
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Parking for 2 cars
- A gorgeous chocolate-box cottage in a lovely location, ideal for a romantic retreat.
- Original features include exposed beams, a large inglenook fireplace and vaulted bedroom.
- A perfect haven to relax and recharge with a charming private garden and outdoor seating area.
- Short and midweek breaks are available, with a minimum stay of 3 nights.
- The ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks, a New Year gathering or Christmas morning. The cottage is warm and cosy with central heating and comfortable beds.
- There are a number of excellent pubs and restaurants nearby, the nearest pub being 2 minutes’ walk.
- Whatever time of year you book, there are always a number of glorious walks, including the long-distance Test Way which winds past Romsey.
- The vibrant town centre is just a short walk away, with its wide range of shops and restaurants, regular markets, fine Norman abbey and gentle walks along the River Test.
- Hampshire offers a wealth of treasures, from rolling countryside, unspoilt beaches, glorious gardens and pretty villages to ancient forests, bustling market towns, historic ships and imposing castles.
- Ground floor:
Fully fitted kitchen.
Sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- First floor:
Double bedroom with 5′ king-size bed and an additional room with a child’s folding bed.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio
- WiFi internet access*
- Selection of books and games
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Southampton 7 miles; Winchester 11 miles.
The vibrant Hampshire market town of Romsey can be found on the banks of the picturesque River Test, coveted by fly fisherman as one of the country’s finest chalk fishing streams. The 44-mile long-distant walk of The Test Way winds past Romsey and many other pretty villages, historic churches and country houses, following the course of the river, down to Eling on Southampton Water. The centre of Romsey offers visitors a fine selection of shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs to choose from, and a colourful three-day market provides the perfect place to peruse local produce. A visit to Romsey’s Noman abbey or to the home of the Mountbatten Family at Broadlands is a must.
Nearby, the National Trust’s Mottisfont Abbey sits in attractive riverside gardens and is well worth a day out.
Alternatively, take the short drive to the New Forest National Park, swathed in pretty heathland and grazed by wild ponies, cattle and deer.
Enjoy a spot of retail therapy at Southampton’s West Quay Centre or marvel at the stunning cathedrals at Salisbury or Winchester, each easily accessible.
This charming Hampshire town is situated in a most beautiful part of the south of England, offering plenty of interesting things to see and do, so you are sure to want to return and sample some more!
Things you need to know about Phoebe’s Cottage if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- There are steep, twisting cottage stairs which may not be suitable for people with limited mobility or young children
- The folding bed is only suitable for a child only – Maximum 2 adults, 1 child
- Minimum stay 3 nights except during school holidays which are a minimum of 7 nights, Friday to Friday.
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.