Immaculately presented throughout to provide spacious, contemporary accommodation, this delightful cottage is ideal for couples or friends looking to enjoy time together while exploring one of the loveliest parts of Kent.
The Granary is a perfect romantic retreat for couples wishing to relax and unwind. Sleeping two people with one bedroom and a shower room, the comfortable super king-size bed can be converted into two single beds on request, ideal for two friends. The large open plan living area makes for a perfect place to enjoy an evening with a DVD or settle down with a good book.
Why not start, or end, the day by sitting out on the patio while plans unfold for the days ahead? Guests also have shared use of the owner’s lawned garden.
There’s plenty to see and do while holidaying in this area. This part of rural Kent is ideal for taking long walks and there is a footpath just outside the property with miles of country to explore. A little further afield is Ashdown Forest, with its Five Hundred Acre Wood, familiar to Winnie the Pooh fans. The Granary is also only two miles from Hever Castle Golf Club.
Hever is famous for its connections with Anne Boleyn, second wife of Henry VIII. A visit to moated Hever Castle will delight history lovers and gardeners with its rich past and 165 acres of formal gardens.
Other local attractions include Penshurst Place, Chartwell and picturesque Chiddingstone village.
No matter what time of year you choose to stay at this wonderful cottage, your holiday diary can be as full as you want to make it.
- 2 Guests
- Ground floor accommodation
- One twin/double bedroom
- One shower room
- Not suitable for children or babies
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Patio with furniture, plus shared use of owner’s lawned garden
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Parking for one car
- A charming single-storey barn conversion situated in the beautiful Eden Valley, ideal for a romantic retreat.
- A relaxing home-from-home designed with your comfort and relaxation in mind, well equipped with great attention to detail.
- Completely private courtyard with outdoor furniture – perfect for al fresco dining.
- Brilliant in all seasons and the ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks. The cottage is warm and cosy with central heating and a very comfortable bed.
- Short and midweek breaks are available, with a minimum stay of three nights.
- Whatever time of year you book, there is lovely countryside to explore from your doorstep.
- This hideaway is just a few minutes’ drive from the historic tranquil village of Hever with its moated castle, golf course and half-timbered pub.
- The market town of Edenbridge, one mile, offers shops, charming country pubs and excellent quality restaurants.
- The area is well-known for its world-famous gardens, fairy-tale moated castles and mellow country manors – don’t miss the enhanced forest at Groombridge Place, Knole House, Penshurst Place, Winston Churchill’s Chartwell and Chiddingstone Castle.
- Ground floor accommodation:
Open plan living space with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Double/twin bedroom with 6′ super-king bed which can convert to twin beds on request.
Shower room with walk-in shower.
- Oil central heating with electric thermostat
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- TV with Sky, DVD
- WiFi internet access*
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- Outdoor furniture
- Off road parking for one car
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Edenbridge 1.5 miles; Lingfield 4 miles; Tunbridge Wells 14 miles.
Situated on the borders of Surrey, Kent and Sussex, the village of Hever offers visitors the perfect place to stay when exploring the many historic houses and gardens in this part of the country.
Hever Castle, the ancestral home of Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII’s second wife, is close by so step back in time and wander the rooms and gardens of this lovely historic house, where Henry VIII stayed whilst courting Anne Boleyn.
Amongst other historic houses nearby is Chartwell, the country house of Winston Churchill, and Penshurst Place, home to the Sidney family within a few minute’s drive.
If you fancy a round of golf, there are four courses in the vicinity and Lingfield, an all weather racecourse, is a short drive away so why not have a flutter and then enjoy a drink in one of the many delightful country pubs in the area.
If you fancy a day in London, it is only an hour away on the train from Hever Station, or if you fancy a day by the sea, the coast can be reached in an hour by car.
Whatever you do, you can be sure to have a wonderful holiday in this lovely part of Kent.
Things you need to know about The Granary if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- Sorry, no pets are allowed at this property
- Adults only welcome – sorry not suitable for children or infants
- There is a small step down into the bedroom
- Minimum stay 3 nights except during school holidays which are a minimum of 7 nights, Friday to Friday
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.