This cosy one bedroom cottage is attached to the owner’s home and offers the perfect romantic bolthole for a holiday all year round. Tastefully furnished and beautifully appointed throughout, the open plan living area with a wood burning stove and large sofa bed is ideal for those cosy nights in after days spent exploring the surrounding area. The pleasant kitchen provides all you need to prepare home-cooked meals when you are not barbecuing on those summer evenings. On a warm afternoon you can relax outside and enjoy a drink whilst looking out over the lawned garden and extended fields.
Drover’s offers a truly romantic retreat with a beamed first floor bedroom with a super-king zip and link bed which can convert to twin beds on request.
Locally, amazing walks and cycle trails are waiting to be explored and are a great way to take in the picturesque Somerset levels.
As well as being ideally placed to explore the Somerset countryside, this lovely cottage is perfectly located for many attractions such as Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole, Wells Cathedral and the sandy beaches of Burnham-on-Sea.
The festivals at Glastonbury and winter carnivals of Bridgwater, together with the surrounding towns and villages, are all reasons to stay here. If you need some retail therapy the popular Clarks Village in Street is only a short drive, together with the vibrant cities of Bath and Bristol.
Drover’s is a charming cottage, ideal for a memorable and relaxing stay.
- 3 Guests
- One double bedroom
- A sofa bed in the sitting area sleeps an additional guest
- One shower room, one en suite bathroom
- Suitable for a baby (toddler bed, cot, baby bath and highchair available)
- Children are welcome
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- Lawned garden with outdoor furniture and barbecue
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Parking for one car
- A charming wing of an attractive 18th century farmhouse, situated in beautiful Somerset countryside, ideal for a romantic retreat.
- A relaxing home-from-home designed with your comfort and relaxation in mind and tastefully furnished.
- A private sitting-out area in a newly planted orchard with outdoor furniture and a barbecue is perfect for al fresco dining.
- Brilliant in all seasons and the ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks. The cottage is warm and cosy with central heating, a wood burning stove and comfortable bed.
- The area has an abundance of wildlife and is a walker’s and birdwatcher’s paradise – the National Nature Reserve of Westhay Moor is four miles away.
- Direct access on foot to an ancient drove (hence its name) leading on to the Somerset Levels with an abundance of wildlife
- The nearby Mendip Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, contain many places of interest including Glastonbury Abbey and Tor, Wells Cathedral and the famous Cheddar Gorge.
- The sandy beaches at Weston-super-Mare and Burnham-on-Sea are easily accessible.
- The nearest shop and pub are two miles away.
- Ground floor:
Sitting room with dining area, sofa bed and wood burning stove.
Shower room with walk-in shower.
- First floor:
Double/twin bedroom with 6′ zip & link bed (can convert into twin beds on request) and exposed beams.
- LPG central heating with wood burning stove (logs included)
- Electric oven and halogen hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, use of owner’s washing machine
- TV with Freeview, DVD
- WiFi internet access*
- Toddler bed, cot, baby bath and highchair available
- Outdoor furniture and barbecue
- Bike storage
- Off road parking for one car
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Bridgwater 6 miles; Glastonbury 10 miles.
The rural Somerset parish of Sutton Mallet can be found on the low lying land known as Sedgemoor on the Somerset Levels, nestling at the foot of the Polden Hills, six miles from the bustling town of Bridgwater.
The Somerset Levels are an Area of Special Scientific Interest, a marshy area intersected by water channels which stretch from the Mendip Hills as far as Taunton, and are internationally renowned for wintering wildfowl and provide a habitat for numerous species of breeding birds.
The flat landscape offers great cycling routes, with lovely walks across the nearby nature reserves where you could be rewarded with a view of some rare bird species.
The village makes an excellent touring base, with numerous attractions catering for all tastes within a short drive, including a shopaholics paradise at Clarks Shopping Village in Street, and mystical Glastonbury, famous for its Abbey, Tor, and annual music festival.
Alternatively, visit the UK’s smallest city of Wells with its beautiful cathedral, the beaches at Burnham-on-Sea and Weston-Super-Mare, spooky Wookey Hole Caves, and Cheddar Gorge, all of which are easily accessible.
Sutton Mallet makes a peaceful, rural base for a relaxing, enjoyable holiday at any time of the year.
Things you need to know about Drover’s if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- Sorry, no pets are allowed at this cottage
- Maximum 3 guests plus small child/baby
- Minimum stay 3 nights except during school holidays which are a minimum of 7 nights, Friday to Friday
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.