This first-class country cottage has been lovingly furnished to provide a holiday home of real merit, making it the perfect choice for families looking for a base from where they can enjoy the surrounding historic houses, quaint villages and seaside towns.
The farmhouse-style kitchen with breakfast table is exceptionally well equipped with everything you’ll need during your stay. Settle down in one of the reclining chairs in the sitting room and enjoy a film, relaxing in the glow of the open fire, or on summer days you can open the double patio doors and invite inside the fresh country air. The adjoining dining area in this sociable open plan living space allows everyone to gather and plan an adventurous day ahead. Stepping down into the snug, you can lie back on the day bed and get lost in a good book with only the garden views to distract you.
The master bedroom boasts a super king-size bed to encourage a good night’s sleep, and you can open the French door onto the balcony, which looks down onto the rear garden.
The dog friendly property boasts enclosed front and rear lawned gardens with outdoor furniture, providing the perfect spot for relaxing and enjoying the sunshine.
Step outside and you can be exploring rural Kent in a couple of minutes.
Kent’s history and heritage provide the region with a rich array of sightseeing possibilities – castles, museums and country estates await in Rye, Sissinghurst or Penshurst, where you can discover the history of this lovely area.
With so much to see and do within an hour of Horsmonden, a return trip to this lovely cottage is a must!
- 6 + 2 Guests
- 3 bedrooms – one double/twin, one double, one twin with pull-out stacker bed
- Double day bed in the snug
- One bathroom
- Suitable for children and baby (travel cot and highchair available on request)
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Enclosed lawned gardens to the front and rear with patio and furniture.
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Parking for 2 cars
- A delightful family and pet friendly detached holiday home situated in rural Kent.
- Designed with your comfort and relaxation in mind and lovingly furnished.
- This home from home is a great choice for friends or family, with a sociable open plan living space and parking for two cars.
- Short and midweek breaks are available, with a minimum stay of 3 nights.
- The ideal setting for Autumn and Winter breaks, a New Year gathering or Christmas morning. The house is warm and cosy with central heating, an open fire and comfortable beds.
- A perfect haven to relax and recharge, the property is conveniently located for exploring the Weald of Kent with its rolling hills, pretty flower meadows and woodland.
- Pretty Horsmonden village, famous for its Gypsy Horse Fair every September, is just 2 miles, with great pubs, including The Gun and Spitroast, and good local amenities.
- Within easy reach of several manor houses, National Trust properties, Go Ape, parks and gardens, as well as scattered villages with traditional inns and shops.
- Ground floor:
Farmhouse-style kitchen with breakfast table.
Open plan living space comprising a sitting room (seating 6) with open fire, adjoining dining area and snug area (seating 3) with double day bed. Double doors open onto the patio and rear garden from the sitting area and the snug enjoys garden views.
Cloakroom with basin and WC.
- First floor:
Double bedroom with 6′ zip and link bed (can convert to twin beds on request), with French door onto a balcony.
Twin bedroom with pull-out stacker bed.
Family bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC.
- Oil central heating with open fire (starter pack provided)
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, Wii with games, iPod dock
- WiFi internet access*
- Selection of books, games and DVDs
- Outdoor furniture
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2/3 cars
ABOUT THE LOCATION
Sissinghurst 7 miles; Tunbridge Wells 10 miles; Penshurst Place 16 miles; Rye 24 miles.
Horsmonden is a quiet village nestled in the Weald of Kent, with the name ‘Weald’ derived from the Old English for forest.
The High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty surrounds one of England’s finest landscapes and visitors are encouraged to explore this historic setting with romantic routes winding over its rolling hills, through pretty flower meadows and woodland. Ramble over the High Weald and be transported back in time as you explore a landscape that has barely changed since medieval times, with an eclectic mix of sandstone ridges, clay valleys and colourful heaths.
The area’s woodland conceals over 30 small manor houses, several National Trust properties, as well as beautiful parks and gardens.
Bewl Water Country Park, the largest area of inland water in the southeast of England, offers an ideal place to try out watersports with windsurfing and sailing, and there’s also fishing, walking and cycling opportunities, with picnic areas dotted all around.
Also in the area is Go Ape and beautiful walks at Bedgebury Pinetum.
This pretty part of Kent has plenty of scattered villages with traditional inns and shops at their centre, so if a long country walk followed by a delicious pub dinner is on your holiday agenda, then you’ve chosen the right destination.
Golfers can enjoy the Lamberhurst Golf Club, just 10 minutes’ drive away.
This little village offers a fortnightly Farmers’ Market and on the second Sunday in September, Horsmonden hosts the Horse Fair, a lively experience for everyone!
Things you need to know about 1 School House Cottages if you’re thinking of booking a holiday there:
- Smoking is not allowed inside any of our properties
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no stag/hen or similar parties
- Minimum stay 3 nights except during school holidays which are a minimum of 7 nights, Saturday to Saturday.
*Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use. Speed/service may vary depending on the package obtained by the owner which is provided to guests free of charge. Should guests experience difficulties or loss of use, neither the owner nor the agent will be held responsible.